AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wrong machine assigned when Provisioning

Jump to solution

I have had this issue before but i cant remember how i fixed it.

Basically i have created a new capture machine. cloning our current base image which is called - CS-Win7-Base. The new capture machine is called CS-AppVol-Capture.

CSP\CS-APPVOL-CAPTU$

CN=CS-APPVOL-CAPTU,CN=Computers,DC=calfordseaden,DC=co,DC=uk

When i try and provision to the new capture machine, it will assign the appstack template to the CS-Win7-Base machine, whether it is on, or off!

In Directory > Computers > The machine is showing with the new name, but under status says -

Status:Online at 10.5.1.127 on CS-Win7-Base for 1 minute.

Anyone have any ideas how i make it point to the correct one?

Things i have tried -

Uninstalling and reinstalling app volumes agent

Rejoining to domain

Appvolumes 2.14

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have managed to sort this out.

I went into the SQL database for Appvolumes > Tables  > dbo.machines

Loaded up the list and found the machine with the incorrect name and removed it. Turned the new capture machine on and it now shows correctly under Infrastructure > Managed Machines.

I guess the other way to do this would be to clone the base image before installing the App Volume agent or remove it and then reinstall it again, although i haven't tested it this way so may end up with the same issue due to the way App Volumes adds identifiers to the machines.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have managed to sort this out.

I went into the SQL database for Appvolumes > Tables  > dbo.machines

Loaded up the list and found the machine with the incorrect name and removed it. Turned the new capture machine on and it now shows correctly under Infrastructure > Managed Machines.

I guess the other way to do this would be to clone the base image before installing the App Volume agent or remove it and then reinstall it again, although i haven't tested it this way so may end up with the same issue due to the way App Volumes adds identifiers to the machines.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos