VMware Horizon Community
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Writable volumes - Hang on logoff

Hello,

sometimes on logoff when  a writable volume is assigned to an user the logoff process hangs, remaining in "Signing out" forever. I have to reset or power the VM off. Is this a known bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Kind regards

Cristiano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey,

Seems like i'm making to much assumptions these days Smiley Happy

If you use writable volumes you need to refresh the desktop every time you used it because otherwise the settings of one user could end up in the writable volume of another user.

Although i would always suggest (if possible off course due to high IOPS) to refresh the desktop if you are using pooled floating desktops.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

To be honest i haven't seen this issue before.

Could it be that there is some sort of service that needs to be stopped that is interfering?

Are you using Horizon or Xendesktop? And what if you force a logoff in VCenter?? Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello Ray,

I'm using

- View 6.1.1

- AppVolumes 2.9

- VSphere 6

- Win 8.1 Smiley Sad

The logoff is already in progress so I can'r force another logoff. VM tools are still running: I can issue a guest reboot again, but w/o effects. I can just (hard) reset the VM.

The next time It will happen I will try to perform some debugging, have to find a way since VM are not persistent and the UI its blocked by the logoff.

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Since I changed to refresh after logoff everything seems to work

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey,

Seems like i'm making to much assumptions these days Smiley Happy

If you use writable volumes you need to refresh the desktop every time you used it because otherwise the settings of one user could end up in the writable volume of another user.

Although i would always suggest (if possible off course due to high IOPS) to refresh the desktop if you are using pooled floating desktops.

0 Kudos