VMware Horizon Community
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

Writable Volumes corrupted after 2nd login

AppVolumes 2.12.0

Whenever I create a new Writable Vol & assign to a user, by the 2nd login, the WV becomes corrupted & the user is unable to login.  The only recourse is to delete the WV.

I have also noticed after the 1st login, the user's profile doesn't load (a TEMP profile is used) which I would guess ultimately causes the corruption with the WV.

All WVs and App stacks are attached on a per user basis.  All VMs are floating & set to refresh after logoff

similar symptoms as >> VMware Knowledge Base

any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The issue you are seeing is not related to what you linked at I believe.

Since version 2.13 you can actually assign appstacks to both users and computers to improve logon times but this functionality doesn't work with writables because writable needs to be attached as the first disk always because it is read/write, all other appstacks are read only.

Could it be that you are using this on W10? If so, upgrade to a newer version. I would nog suggest using version 2.12.0 with W10. There used to be some older version (not quite sure which ones) that rigged the start menu after logging in the second time.

0 Kudos
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

sorry  I have included in my primary post.

Exclusively using Windows 7

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Besides it being W7 I would still suggest not using 2.12. Try going for 2.14 or at least 2.13.x.

Mostly it is trying to find the version with the least bugs available..

0 Kudos