VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Windows 2019 and appvolumes support

Has anyone gotten appvolumes to work with a 2019 rdsh host? It says its supported in

Infrastructure and Networking Requirements

but I can't see how as where the appstacks associate operating systems the highest version in 2016. I've also tried capturing an appstack using a 2019 build machine at that works, but it labels it as 2016 and I cannot get the appstack to attach using a simple ou assignment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ketsyplex
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just to confirm, you are assigning the AppStack to the RDSH server OU and have rebooted the RDSH server(s)?

Assuming the App Volumes agent is communicating with the App Volumes Manager, you should see at least see a computer startup action logged in the Activity Log, followed by an Attach Volume, if the assignment is correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ketsyplex
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I am working with App Volumes 2.18 and 2019 RDSH servers at a customer and are deploying to an OU using AppStacks built on a W10 1909 64-bit Provisioning Machine ok. As long as Server 2016 is selected in the Operating System list for the AppStack it should deploy to 2019 Servers. It may show in the Activity Log in the App Volumes console why AppStacks are not attaching.

It might also be worth re-installing the App Volumes agent on the RDSH image - was this the last agent to be installed?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hmm, I get no indication its even trying in the activity  log or the agent logs. Good to know it working at least somewhere. I'll probably rebuild the image I made then, the appvolumes agent was the last one attached, and I uninstalled and reinstalled all of them in the correct order a few times.

0 Kudos
Ketsyplex
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just to confirm, you are assigning the AppStack to the RDSH server OU and have rebooted the RDSH server(s)?

Assuming the App Volumes agent is communicating with the App Volumes Manager, you should see at least see a computer startup action logged in the Activity Log, followed by an Attach Volume, if the assignment is correct.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, and its sees the startup, but no attach. They are direct OU attatchments and I even made a new OU to test. The same exact process works for our 2012 boxes . I can even get a build machine to work and capture an appstack, I just can't seem to get it to attach.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Ugh, sometimes you just can't see it, I had it assigned to a "Production RDS Servers" OU, but the actually OU is one nested one level below that Smiley Sad.

0 Kudos