VMware Horizon Community
cbSean
Contributor
Contributor

When packaging Adobe Acrobat in to an AppStack it breaks IBM SPSS on machines without a disposable disk.

We are rolling out VDI to a lab environment. Since this is a lab we aren't using persistent vm's and have it refresh the machine when a user disconnects, so as a result we have disabled disposable disks since we figured that we shouldn't need them since these machines won't grow that much.  However what seems to be happening is if we have SPSS 24 on the lab machines either installed on the base image or attached via appstack.  And then attach another appstack that includes Adobe Acrobat DC it will break the ability to launch SPSS and give a generic can't find Java error.  However if we take the exact same image, and appstacks that are broken and run then on a desktop pool that has disposable disks SPSS launches without an issue.

Has anyone run in to anything like this? As far as I can tell all the Appstacks are mounting properly and I don't see anything in any logs saying otherwise.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cbSean
Contributor
Contributor

As a follow up this might be an Appvol 2.11 issue.  I rolled the agent back to 2.10 and things started to work again.  Still need to do much more testing but preliminary results point to 2.11 being the culprit.

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sean,

Is that the agent on the user machine or the capture machine?

I have an application that runs fine on a user machine with 2.11 agent on it, which was last updated on a capture machine with 2.10 installed.

If I update the appstack using a 2.11 capture machine the application breaks (an Ingres database service fails to start).  No changes are made to the appstack, provisioning was simply finished.

Regards,

Martin

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos
cbSean
Contributor
Contributor

The App was captured with a 2.11 agent, and then on the client it breaks with a 2.11 agent, but works with the 2.10 agent. 

I'll try to re-capture it with a 2.10 agent and see if it works on 2.11 client machines.  For this particular pool we have 2 other appstacks that seem to be working fine captured with 2.11.

0 Kudos