VMware Horizon Community
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Visio 2013 Appstack breaks Outlook Windows Search

Hi All,

Here's the situation.

Base image has Office 2013 Pro Plus.  Visio 2013 was created as an AppStack afterwards from a packager VM based on the base image (with Office installed).

Office works great, and the Visio appstack seems to work fine.  We had a new requirement that the Windows Search service be enabled to facilitate searches in outlook.  I noticed when the Visio appstack is attached to the VM, the "Indexing Options" button in Outlook was grayed out, and an additional section was added to "Upgrade windows search" as if it was not properly detected.  Obviously, outlook search is not working properly.

If I remove the Visio appstack, everything goes back to working as expected.

Any ideas?

outlook.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try re-provisioning the Visio AppStack during your Office search changes or confirm if they are User or machine changes be made in the registry.

I have not run into this problem before.

Mike_A
0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I assume you mean try to recapture Visio with Windows search service enabled on the packaging VM? We did try that and it did not solve the problem.  I realize that most people probably have Windows search disabled with the OSOT tool, so perhaps not many people have seen this.   Opening a ticket on it as well.

0 Kudos