VMware Horizon Community
ChristopherBca1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware App Volumes

I see that there are only some videos online about this product. I am wondering if anyone if anyone has anymore information that pertains to this product.I would like to know if the vmdk that is mounted as another disk drive within the O? Also i was wondering how the users app data directory is handled. Does their data stay persistent if the app volume is removed and then added at a later date? what happends to microsoft RDS?? do we even peruse this anymore cause this seems to be a replacement for that.

Thanks,

BTW first Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sachindsharma
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would like to know if the vmdk that is mounted as another disk drive within the O?

- I think you mean OS? If so, yes, it's a vmdk mounted as another disk drive.

Does their data stay persistent if the app volume is removed and then added at a later date?

- Yes, there's a writeable volume for all user data to be written to, that's persistent.

what happends to microsoft RDS??

- App Volumes supports RDS. Deliver apps to RDSH servers.

You can find more info here: VMware App Volumes (formerly CloudVolumes) Application Delivery

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sachindsharma
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would like to know if the vmdk that is mounted as another disk drive within the O?

- I think you mean OS? If so, yes, it's a vmdk mounted as another disk drive.

Does their data stay persistent if the app volume is removed and then added at a later date?

- Yes, there's a writeable volume for all user data to be written to, that's persistent.

what happends to microsoft RDS??

- App Volumes supports RDS. Deliver apps to RDSH servers.

You can find more info here: VMware App Volumes (formerly CloudVolumes) Application Delivery

0 Kudos
ChristopherBca1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yeah i meant OS sorry.

Thanks,

0 Kudos