VMware Horizon Community
Natestack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware App Volumes 4, version 2006 Release still can’t change OS

Seems new version of appvolumes is out.

One of the fixes about OS when doing a new package it changes the OS another to another I’m hoping we have the ability to select what it can run on like 2.X

Also Office 2019 support cant wait to check this ou.

VMware App Volumes 4, version 2006 Release Notes

so finally played with this version today.

so can confirm that when doing a new application so far has stuck to the OS used.

issue I have now is I still can’t select that the package can run on multiple Operating Systems.

this is going to be a pain if we need to package the same thing multiple times for multiple operating systems.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Natestack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So been happy with Appvol 4.1 but one thing choose what OS the packages can be assigned to.

So because im packaging all on Windows 10 1809 X64 all been working.

Issue today i update an existing package to update an application and on completion of the package, it now shows under Operating Systems as There are no Operating Systems for this package.

Ive said this back in March VMware please give us the ability to choose what OS this installs on dont lock it down.

Ive now had to re create the whole package in order for the package to show Windows 10 X64.

I know there is a database hack out in the wild but this should have been fixed on 4.1 i advised of this back on 4.0.

Any update on this would be amazing.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Natestack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bump.

hoping VMware see this if not I will log a job next time I’m in the office.

as when you update a package appvol removed the OS I n the update package.

anyone else get the same issue ?

0 Kudos