VMware Horizon Community
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using 2 On Demand packages fails

When I assign 2 newly created packages to a user one of them starts correctly on-demand. When I try to start the other one following message appears:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

I changed the assignment of both packages back to classic mode it worked as usual.

Anyone with the same experience? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to share the solution which solved this problem. 

I found a user policy that was blocking the mounting of volumes for the user and after removing it, the On-Demand delivery is now also working for more than one application.  This policy got me confused as it kicks in at a later time preventing access rights to a second volume in a user session. 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\RemovableStorageDevices]
"Deny_All"=-

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you please share the details of the application for which you are facing the issue?

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry for this late "after a holiday"-reply 😊. I provisioned SPSS 28.0.1.1, Scribus 1.5.8-windows-x64 in seperate Applications. Assigning 2 of them to one user with On-Demand Delivery. (BTW I also tried OBS Studio, Gimp, Blender)

Agent details: 4.6.0.102R (agent), 4.0 (capture)

Manager Details: APP VOLUMES 4, VERSION 2203 (4.6.0.102)

When I start SPSS first, it starts OK. Starting Scribus after that fails:

[Window Title] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Scribus 1.5.8\Scribus 1.5.8.lnk

[Content] Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

When  I start the other way around then Scribus starts OK and SPSS won't.

[Window Title]
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IBM SPSS Statistics\IBM SPSS Statistics.lnk

[Content]
This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

So it looks like the first started application is the winner... no matter what I provision. Any ideas? There is no policy denying USB mounting.

When I change one of the Applcation to Classic Delivery they both start..

0 Kudos
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to share the solution which solved this problem. 

I found a user policy that was blocking the mounting of volumes for the user and after removing it, the On-Demand delivery is now also working for more than one application.  This policy got me confused as it kicks in at a later time preventing access rights to a second volume in a user session. 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\RemovableStorageDevices]
"Deny_All"=-

0 Kudos