VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Users Not Connecting to Their Writable Vols

For some reason my users all showing up and not being attached to their writable vols when i look at the console.  There are 2 users out of 50 that are showing as attached but the others are not.  I have a couple questions here.  1.  If i restart the Appvol server will user get disconnected from their writables?  2.  Is there a quick way to determine the cause?  I just see the users as being DETACHED when i know they are connected to their desktops.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Perry

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

* Restarting App volume server will not cause detachment of existing attached disk or affect the existing session. If there is any user trying connect during the restart of appvolume server will have impact [ Will not get any attachment and logon time may take upto minute ]

* To find the cause for disk not being attached visit https://<appvolserverfqdn>/log and search the username in question and you will see the machine name he tried to login and there you can also see a reason for attachment failure. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

* Restarting App volume server will not cause detachment of existing attached disk or affect the existing session. If there is any user trying connect during the restart of appvolume server will have impact [ Will not get any attachment and logon time may take upto minute ]

* To find the cause for disk not being attached visit https://<appvolserverfqdn>/log and search the username in question and you will see the machine name he tried to login and there you can also see a reason for attachment failure. 

Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  Not really sure of the cause.  A reboot of the server appeared to have done the trick for all users.  I was more curious if the reboot would cause any issues and you did answer that for me.  thanks again. 

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos