VMware Horizon Community
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to delete a writable volume

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a writable volume from AppVoume Manager 2.12.  I get an error message "unable to delete volume" and "failed to delete disk".

I've checked the actual path to the writable volume vmdk and the neither the vmdk or vmdk.metadata files exists.  I'd say somehow it got blown away but AppVol manager is none the wiser.  It appears in AppVol Manager greyed out for status and detached.

Is there a way to clean this up in the AppVol database using any utility or script?  I don't want to bludgeon my way through the DB for fear of causing more harm than good.

Thanks

NVMD

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Normally if neither of the files exist anymore it should clean up it's own database and remove the file from there. I would not suggest removing this manually from the database as it is connected to a table or 4. Technically it is possible but still, no guarantees. You could force a rescan of the datastore when looking at the writables in the manager, it could clear up the database.

That being said I would try and find out why the writable has been deleted in the first place. Do you remove your VDI machines after use?

0 Kudos
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No this WV is associated with a dedicated assignment desktop pool.

This has been around for some time now so I'd say it's not going to clean up itself.

Thought there might have been a easy fix.

I'll log a ticket with VMware.

Thanks

0 Kudos
pcookhayboo
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this? I'm demo-ing the application and having the same problem.

0 Kudos
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've pruned the DB of the writable assignments manually with success.

I would suggest using the 'SYNC' feature before doing so though.

0 Kudos