VMware Horizon Community
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UdaterUI.exe error "Unable to start application" Visual studio 2012 app stack

Anyone else getting error after assigning an app stack with Visual Studio 2012 and SQL Studio 2012.   After following various post I got rid of the "invalid license".   Now the appstack works but takes 5 to 10 minutes to logon and I get the udaterUI.exe error.   According to google its related to Mcafee which is not installed on the provision VM, matter a fact I have tried to create the appstack with and without Mcafee, but the same results.   I have also followed all the best practices.   To be clear the app stack sorta works after you click OK to the error but will like to get rid of this error all together.

windows 7 32

app volumes 2.10

Visual studio 2012 u5

Sql Studio 2012

udaterui-error.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually found the solution... Mcaffee VSE 8.8 needed to be patched to version 6.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually found the solution... Mcaffee VSE 8.8 needed to be patched to version 6.

0 Kudos
CPhelix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Trotman! Could you gives us the exact steps you took to capture Visual Studio? We are still fighting the "Invalid License" issue.

DanielLineberry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you clone the master image from the pool that will receive the Visio Studio appstack, remove the View agent, and use that clone to create the appstack, the license error will be cured (or at least that what worked for us).

Daniel Lineberry | Senior Engineer Office: 210-918 9522 dan.lineberry@siriuscom.com Sirius Computer Solutions | www.siriuscom.com
0 Kudos