VMware Horizon Community
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB Drivers - what do you do?

Hi all,

I'm studying the documentation on how to create application packages and am wondering on what to do with USB device drivers that are required as part of an application install.  They appear to be 'lost' when provisioning is finished.

The manual says: -

1. Log in to the provisioning machine.

2. Install your applications.

3. After installing your applications, click OK.

Am I missing something here?  I've worked out that any fonts needed go in FontsCV, but can't find reference to that anywhere in the documentation so I think there is some knowledge I need that I don't know how to get at?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Generally you want to install USB Drivers in the base OS.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

agree, some work ok, but others is an issue.

Sam

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, can you make it more clear? What driver are you talking about? VMware's driver?

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I'm talking about USB device drivers that are required as part of an application install, like for instance the drivers required to talk to a Garmin watch.

Guarav says you want them in the base image, but that means installing drivers to 1800 users, when only 1 person uses a Garmin watch!  Ideally I'd like them in the appstack for applications like this, but have run into issues and have had to put them in the base.  I'm gonna come back to this at a later date as I think you should be able to get them in an appstack.

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos