Potehan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UIA+Profile Writable Volume and Windows Folder Redirection

Hi!

Please teach me that the way to use writable volume,

and it can be supported vmware?

I created writable volumes  by temaplate_uia_plus_profile.

But my user ask me that we wanted to be enabled VSS to only desktop and document folder.

So, I configured  folder redirection only desktop and document folder.

Is this configuration supported?

Please help me !!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Euhm.. It's kinda hard to get a good feeling of what you are trying to do but my guess is that you are asking if you can use redirected folders with Appvolumes UIA + Profiel, am I right?

The simple answer is: Yes you can.

The writable only holds information stored on the local C drive and also the c:\Users folder if you select a + profile writable.

If you do a redirect this information will be stored on a network drive and thus not stored within the writable. We also use this (redirect of desktop and some more stuff) so it will be stored on our SAN. If the writable is corrupt users won't loose data stored on those folders.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Euhm.. It's kinda hard to get a good feeling of what you are trying to do but my guess is that you are asking if you can use redirected folders with Appvolumes UIA + Profiel, am I right?

The simple answer is: Yes you can.

The writable only holds information stored on the local C drive and also the c:\Users folder if you select a + profile writable.

If you do a redirect this information will be stored on a network drive and thus not stored within the writable. We also use this (redirect of desktop and some more stuff) so it will be stored on our SAN. If the writable is corrupt users won't loose data stored on those folders.

0 Kudos
Potehan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

Thank you so much!

I am going to try it.

Best regards!

0 Kudos