VMware Horizon Community
Claudiocaf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Two AppVolumes managers (independent) in one VDI environment with one vCenter... possible?

Dear all,

Anyone knows if it would be possible to have two AppVolumes managers (independent) in the same VDI environment and connected to the same vCenter?

Two AppVolumes managers that works independently (not with common database) and that provide applications to different pools in the same Horizon deployment, with one vCenter server.

Two different groups will manage the two separated AppVolumes managers and different desktop pools.

I do not see any issue, as the agent installed in the image will point to one or the other AppVolumes manager... Any idea?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

For as far as I can see this should work. The agent is installed on a machine so if you use different golden images pointint to different Appvolumes servers this should work.

And Appvolumes just talks to a VCenter and for as far as I can see you could use 1 VCentyer for multiple Appvolumes enviornments.

Do keep in mind that if you are going to use the same datastore to create different folders for both enviornments and Appvolumes defaults into the Couldvolumes folder on the datastore and create 4 subfolders there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

For as far as I can see this should work. The agent is installed on a machine so if you use different golden images pointint to different Appvolumes servers this should work.

And Appvolumes just talks to a VCenter and for as far as I can see you could use 1 VCentyer for multiple Appvolumes enviornments.

Do keep in mind that if you are going to use the same datastore to create different folders for both enviornments and Appvolumes defaults into the Couldvolumes folder on the datastore and create 4 subfolders there.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Some additional inputs:

Using a single App Volume server for each group is not recommended as it represents a possible single point of failure. Please use a minimum of two App Volumes Managers for high availability, managed by a load balancer. A total of 4 App Volume managers is recommended for your setup.