VMware Horizon Community
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The operating system is not recently configured to run this application error - Help

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing an issue in our VDI environment, when we try to do certain features in SharePoint, I get the "The operating system is not recently configured to run this application" error message. I looked into this a little more and it seems to be related to the "SharePoint OpenDocuments Class" add-in. I currently have Office 2013 installed on my gold image (0365 version). Interesting enough, when I don't have ANY app stacks attached to the machine it works fine, if I attach any, i get the error message. Even Adobe Writer. When i created the app stacks i didn't have office installed, so i tried to create a new appstack after i installed Office, but i still got the error message. I hope someone has sen this before because I have no idea.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've seen issues with office add-on's in the past not working when an appstack is attached. In those instances, I've ended up installing the add-on into an appstack.

To do that, install office on your capture machine to the same version you have in your gold image, and then provision an appstack to it and install the add-on. A quick google of the sharepoint add-on shows that you enable it as a feature in add/ remove programs. I'm not sure how well that would capture it, but it's worth a try.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I agree with alsmk2 on this one.

Although i would clone your golden image and use this as your package machine. Just make sure to uninstall the View agent and your good to go.

We also have an appstack of the RSAT tools in W7 and these work like a charm (also installed using add/remove features). You will need to select how to show them in your startmenu as this is a user setting and that can't be set in the appstack. But all RSAT tools work in our VDI enviornment.

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for your feedback. On my gold image, I do have an outlook add-on (zix), installed as well. I'll try uninstalling that and see how it goes. @Ray, during my testing, I did try cloning my gold image and using that as a build box, but I had the same issue, but the Add-on was still on the box. Fingers crossed it'll work!

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you use a clone of your gold image, the add-in will already be there. You'll need to remove the sharepoint add on from the control panel before you try and capture it.

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, uninstalling the zix add-in didn't help. The add-in that seems to be crashing "SharePoint OpenDocuments Class" gets installed when I install Office, so it's not listed in the Add/Remove section.

0 Kudos