VMware Horizon Community
Hotrod76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SnagIT 2021 packaging

Has anyone tried to package SnagIT 2021 with App Volumes?  What issues did you run into and how did you over come those issues?  I am trying to determine if its worth going through the packaging effort or just install it on my instant clone master image.  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have packaged Snagit 19 and now we are currently provisioning Snagit 2020 via an appstack and have no issues whatsoever. One thing to mention here is that we have customized our installer to include license number, disable autoupdate, startup etc using Techsmith's Deployment Tool, where you load the msi and modify the installer

0 Kudos
Hotrod76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the response.  Did you customize the installation location?

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No we did not

Tags (1)
Hotrod76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, I will try packing SnagIT and report back. 

0 Kudos
Oberbrunner
Contributor
Contributor

I almost never use other modes so it saves a click. I think this is something we just documented in how to use snagit. We also built company themes and such. I don’t have any good reason to change the default but I have personally changed mine.

Kabosu

0 Kudos
dylomc
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody have any issues where Snagit is referencing the specific user account datstore location from when you captured it?  We typically use the msi/mst for deployment and I was using same for packaging for App Volumes.  I was using it fine in my instant clone environment, but then all of a sudden I was getting the "Failed to initialize the Snagit datastore" and the message is referencing the default local account from where I packaged it (c:\Users\local_account)appdata\local\temchsmith\snagit\datastore).  I want it to stay in default location (appdata\local\temchsmith\snagit\datastore) for user.
https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/203731918-Error-Failed-to-Initialize-the-Snagit-Data...

0 Kudos
dylomc
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't realize when I used the DEM application profiler to capture the configs for Snagit,  I saved the "predefined settings," which had these paths saved in reg.

0 Kudos
smartin05
Contributor
Contributor

Can you elaborate on what you did to fix this?  I am experiencing the same error message when my users log in to a new session.  I  downloaded the .zip file located  Dynamic Environment Manager Documents\ SnagIT, but it seems that it still does not pick up on the needed changes.  I have tried to capture this using the DEM profiler, but that was not successful either.

0 Kudos
dylomc
Contributor
Contributor

I know I got rid of the predefined settings that were used for DEM. I was just in the initial stage of getting snagit for some users and I believe I ended up removing the bad registry values that was saved for these users or perhaps deleting the key altogether and letting it recreate.

0 Kudos
arankaspar1
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have persistent desktops or non-persistent+DEM ?

0 Kudos
smartin05
Contributor
Contributor

@arankaspar1  - Who is your question directed to? 

0 Kudos