VMware Horizon Community
TheWebExpert
Contributor
Contributor

SQL Server 2008 Express

Good morning!

I have a requirement to package an application that has sql server 2008 express embedded in the installation.

It seems that the appVolume process does not capture the services / configuration of SQL Server Express, the application gets captured, but non of the windows services do.

Are there any guides/documentation how to get sql express working with App Volumes? Been searching high and low and cannot find any references.

I am running AppVolume 2.12

Thanks!

Derek

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Haven't seen that to be honest. I installed both 2012 and 2016 Express and they both installed and created the service. I did use an ConfigurationFile.ini for installation and made sure to set these settings

SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="UNIMAAS\Domain Users" It's just one user that logs in and my guess is you have a writable. After the user logs off it is stored in his writable and will no longer be available for another user.

SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" When Express is installed it creates a local account and gives that account permissions to start up SQL. Because this user is not merged to your pooled desktop you need to use the system account for that.

A've packaged the 2012 Express with (I thought) version 2.9 agent and the 2016 Express with the 2.12 agent. Both worked like a charm.

0 Kudos
TheWebExpert
Contributor
Contributor

I have never used a configurationfile.ini so perhaps that would help .... Time to read the docs, thanks!

0 Kudos