VMware Horizon Community
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Running NGEN when installing AppStack?

We have several appstacks. One of those has Microsoft Dynamics NAV installed which in turn has SQL client, Visual C++ runtime and several other related packaged installed.

Do we need to run the command "ngen executequeueditems" after installing/updating the appstack?

4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You only need to run it if you have dot net versions in the appstacks, which I'd advise against. I've seen performance issue, so In general I'd place any planned net versions in the parent image.

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thx. The .net framework installations have been done inside the parent image and not in the appstack, so that should be ok.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

you should only have to run the executequeded items part if you update dotnet, I generally run it after windows update.

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Trying to figure out what optimizations we can perform to our parent images and appstacks to boost performance and maximize user experience.

I am still leaning how to deal with appstacks in regards to OS updates/upgrades, agent upgrades, app updates etc. How do we keep the appstack performing... I am finding it difficult to find good reliable info on those topics

0 Kudos