VMware Horizon Community
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Run as administrator with appvolumes attached doesn't work in Windows 10 Creators Update

I'm testing out Windows 10 Creators Update and have View agent 7.2, UEM 9.2 and App Volumes agent 2.12.1 installed.  When I have an appvolume attached everything works fine except if I try to launch an application using run as administrator and I put in the local administrator account.  If I do this I get the error:

Windows cannot find 'Whatever the path to the executable I tried to elevate is'.  Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. 

The path is correct and if I remove any app volumes attached it immediately starts working.  It doesn't seem to be an issue prior to Windows 10 Creators Update. 

3 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Is this happening for a particular application or any application on your system? Is it only happening on locally install apps or also apps within an appstack?

0 Kudos
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This happens with any app volume attached.  Doesn't matter the application installed within the stack.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Few things:

First, 1703 isn't support with AppVolumes at the moment. With that said, I am running 1703 successfully but with agent 2.12.3.11 which is a hotfix I got from support.

There is an issue in 2.12.1 with opening files but is more related to MS Office. The workaround with 2.12.1 was these commands but worth a shot in this case:

cd /d %SVAgent%
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
md en-US
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.mui en-US
.\cmd /c rd C:\Users\<username>

You can try rolling back to 2.12.0 or wait till an official release for 1703 is supported.

0 Kudos