VMware Horizon Community
cjabates
Contributor
Contributor

Roxio Creator AppStack?

Due to licensing concerns, we are attempting to put Roxio Creator 9 in an AppStack so that only the people authorized to use it have it on their VDI sessions.

I have successfully installed and launched it, but it doesn't detect my USB DVD burner, even though Windows does (and even recognizes that I've got a blank disk in it).

With Roxio installed in the base image, everything works as expected, but as I said, licensing is a concern.

Environment:

vSphere 6.5

View 7.3.2 (server & agent)

App Volumes 2.13.2

UEM 9.2

Instant Clone

Win10 Enterprise 1709 x64

I won't be able to provide logs, so please don't ask.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

With Roxio installed in the base image, everything works as expected, but as I said, licensing is a concern.

You can also use UEM Application Blocking for your license constraint. Create an blocking rule based on the executable(s) of Roxio except for those specific users. You can arrange this with a Condition.

0 Kudos
cjabates
Contributor
Contributor

I did some more troubleshooting this morning-

If the VDI starts with the drive attached, Roxio doesn't see it.

If the drive is attached after login, Roxio sees it just fine.

When the drive isn't recognized, Roxio runs just fine.  Once Roxio recognized the drive, it goes into a "Not Responding" yo-yo.  Any time you click on anything, it takes anywhere from 2 to 30 secs to start responding again.

I successfully burned disks both with and without McAfee products on the image, so I'm going to call this a qualified win.  Additional troubleshooting will be required, I'm sure, along with some user education.

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We're experiencing the "not responding yo-yo" with Roxio EasyCD, and Corel support has been of no help.

Unfortunately, we need this software because Windows 10 won't finalize CD\DVD's, and that is a requirement for some of our users.

Also, did you happen to configure your master VM with a DVD drive?

cjabates

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cjabates
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I have not gotten any farther than I had previously, as I have had no time to circle back to work on this.

Updates all across the environment have been applied since this thread was started, and I don't know if any have resolved this since I haven't been able to check.

Yes, my master has a CD drive configured.

@GTO455

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK thanks. I will continue to work on this as time permits. I will post here if I find a resolution.

We have the CD in the master configured as well, but removed the drive letter in Disk Manager in hopes that it would resolve the issue. It didn't.

We did find that Roxio consistently tries to access the Internet and uses IE to do so, which we block, so that might be causing some of our issues as well. It appears it defaults to using IE and its proxy engine to try to get out. I haven't been able to find another way to get around that either. cjabates

FYI our environment:

vSphere 6.5

View 7.5 (server & agent)

App Volumes 2.14

UEM 9.4

Instant Clone

Win10 Enterprise 1803 x64

0 Kudos