VMware Horizon Community
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Random AppStack Disconnects

We are in a Horizon 6.2 POC right not utilizing linked clones along with AppVolumes. We have seen randomly, and in all honesty infrequent, disconnects of an app stack (or 2) that were previously mounted fine, even for hours/days at a time. I would login to my view session, the apps would come down, everything solid, looking good. Sometimes quickly, sometimes like I said days later while still connected to my session, the apps are gone. When I look in VCenter, we see that the mounted disks for the stacks are no longer there (see attached). VMware did provide us with a AppVolumes 2.9 patch which I believe is expected to resolve this specific issue, but, it seems we're still running into it. Has anyone else experienced this? We've scoured the logs but don't seem to be able to nail anything down. We've recomposed pools, re-installing agents/VMware tools, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
klinden
Contributor
Contributor

We have been having the same problem lately, but are on View 6.1.1. I haven't been able to find anything in any of the logs at this time.

0 Kudos
agalliasis
Contributor
Contributor

When we had this issue it turned out to be a fault of the Platform Services Controller (PSC).  One of the two in our environment randomly became unresponsive.  The only way to resolve the issue was to logon to the vcenter server where the PSC resided and reboot the PSC appliance.

Ben

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

epa80 please confirm that the patch has been installed on each and EVERY Manager in the environment. The way to confirm is that the build in the lower left of the Manager should be 1363.

0 Kudos