VMware Horizon Community
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Publish Internet explorer shortcut with RDS

Hello. I am interested in publishing an internet explorer link using RDS OR with AppVolumes. Seems like a simple task but it is escaping me on how to do it. I can easily publish IE as a Hosted app but I would like it to be a shortcut to a specific site. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Go to the application pool for Internet Explorer and add the site URL in the "Parameters" field. For example, enter the value www.vmware.com in Parameters to open the VMware website when double clicking Internet Explorer. A sample image is shown below

Shortcut.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Where would you like to create the shortcut? On the Horizon view client or inside the virtual desktop?

0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would like it on the View Client, then I can push to Workspace.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Go to the application pool for Internet Explorer and add the site URL in the "Parameters" field. For example, enter the value www.vmware.com in Parameters to open the VMware website when double clicking Internet Explorer. A sample image is shown below

Shortcut.jpg

0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Excellent! thank you for that. I successfully added it with your instructions.

One further question. The site requires the use of the Citrix Receiver. Is there a way to have that launch as well? I have a feeling it will need to call the local copy of Citrix receiver though.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Good to hear that. I don't have much idea about Citrix Receiver.

0 Kudos