VMware Horizon Community
JHT_Seattle
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Provisioning computer never appears?

Manager running on a 2008 R2 server, firewall disabled.  Agent installed to a clean Win7 SP1 x64 VM, firewall not configured (service running).  I can ping the Manager from the Agent and vice-versa.

I have uninstalled/rebooted/installed/rebooted the Agent software, but I never see the VM in the Manager portal.  I can't seem to find any Agent logs, so what should I be checking at this point?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This typically occurs because of firewall, trying to use port 443 when SSL is not enabled on the App Volumes Agent side, not putting in the correct App Volumes Manager information when installing App Volumes agent,  as well as if you have not setup your Active Directory configuration to not allow non domain computers. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you add it to the domain?

hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This typically occurs because of firewall, trying to use port 443 when SSL is not enabled on the App Volumes Agent side, not putting in the correct App Volumes Manager information when installing App Volumes agent,  as well as if you have not setup your Active Directory configuration to not allow non domain computers. 

0 Kudos
JHT_Seattle
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You're both right - I edited the Manager's AD configuration to allow non-domain entities, and then edited the registry on the provisioning VM to use 443 vs 80.  Restarted the service and it appeared in the Manager soon after.

Thank you!

0 Kudos