VMware Horizon Community
cherzyk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Outlook 2013 profile not saved with App Volumes writable volume

Hello all,

we are currently testing to see if App Volumes is the right addition to our virtual desktop environment.

Right now I have a floating desktop pool with an App Stack including Office 2013 installed and a writable volume for profile and UIA.

Added folders are carried over when logging out and back in, but when I create an Outlook profile it gets lost when I log out.

App Volumes is V 2.9, View is 6.1

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Seems like the well known ntuser.dat bug that isn't loaded into the VDI when logging in.

Just execute the following command (or add the key manually) to the golden image and your good to go.

reg.exe add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\svservice\parameters /t REG_DWORD /v VolDelayLoadTime /d 0 /f

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Seems like the well known ntuser.dat bug that isn't loaded into the VDI when logging in.

Just execute the following command (or add the key manually) to the golden image and your good to go.

reg.exe add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\svservice\parameters /t REG_DWORD /v VolDelayLoadTime /d 0 /f

0 Kudos
cherzyk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, that worked.

Thanks Ray.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ray you beat me to it! See I dont need to hang out here, you got this :smileycool:

0 Kudos