VMware Horizon Community
cjtwestwood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OneDrive with Files on Demand and App Volumes

We are running Horizon 7.10 with App Volumes 2.18, DEM 9.9 and Instant Clone desktops. I created an App Volumes writable template with a snapvol.cfg which only virtualizes a single directory, C:\AppVolumes, and I'm using that to hold the Outlook OST cache and OneDrive.

Outlook works well but OneDrive with Files on Demand does not. If a user tries to open a file that isn't in cache, they get error 0x800701085 (the cloud operation was unsuccessful) while the file downloads in the background. If they click "Try Again" or "Skip", the file will open successfully. If you have Explorer open during this process, you will see the file with a grey X icon disappear briefly and reappear without a grey X.

onedrive_error_01.png

Has anyone else seen this before or do you have other recommendations for using OneDrive with Instant Clones and App Volumes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi cjtwestwood , j_dubs

This issue has been resolved in App Volumes 2.18.2 release.

Please download it : Download VMware App Volumes

Evidence:

VMware App Volumes 2.18.2 Release Notes

pastedImage_1.png

Please mark the reply as answered/correct if it addresses your issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
j_dubs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have the exact same issue and have been on this back and forth with VMware support for many weeks.

Long story short - known issue which is apparently going to be fixed in an upcoming dot-release for 2.18.  No firm timelines other than Q1 this year (so maybe March.)

We're pretty much dead in the water with our instant clones without this working.  It's cosmetic at first.. it will still sync it in the background if you hit try again.

Also - we noticed that if we left a desktop running for several days, it went away.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi cjtwestwood , j_dubs

This issue has been resolved in App Volumes 2.18.2 release.

Please download it : Download VMware App Volumes

Evidence:

VMware App Volumes 2.18.2 Release Notes

pastedImage_1.png

Please mark the reply as answered/correct if it addresses your issue.

CoLC_NeilW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Shreyskar

We are using App Volumes 4 2103 with OneDrive installed into the Gold Image and we are seeing this problem, I have a workaround where I have to restart the explorer once it has initialised, on a 35 second delay login script and without writable volumes.

Is there any way we can resolve this on V4?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@CoLC_NeilW 

I have encountered this issue with 2 of my customers. Check my blogpost OneDrive grey cross with Horizon Instant Clones, AppVolumes and FSLogix – MickeyByte IT Pro Blog (pe... for the solution to this problem. 

In short, you have to exclude a reg key from appvolumes: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
CoLC_NeilW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mickey, Sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar, worked like a charm.

My first delve into app volumes so I'm pretty new to this, always good to pick up some handy tips.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos