VMware Horizon Community
tonyflan1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Office 365 apps and MS Access App Volume package

My org use a VDI image that has Office 365 apps for enterprise pre installed in gold image which has Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook.

We have a requirement to move an application onto the VDI desktop but it depends on MS Access to work.

I want to leave the image unchanged as this application is only used by a small group of users who will be licenced to use the Access.

Does anyone know for sure if App Volumes can create a separate install of MS Access 2019 Pro Plus (same level as Office 365) and work alongside Office 365 for Apps in its own app volumes container?

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

As I understand

1. Your deployment has office 365 -2k19 applications of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook in the base image.
  2. Now, you would want to add Office 365 -  Access 2k19 application, as a Virtual application packaged with App Volumes.
  3. You want to know when the virtual application of Office 365 - O2k19 Access 2k19, when assigned on the base image containing Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook will all the 5 applications work?

Thanks

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
tonyflan1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes that is correct Guru. 

Base Office Apps from the MS Office online 365 and the one App volume app built from a physical copy of MS Access from a version that is in line with the 365 version?

Regards

0 Kudos
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sure. This scenario would work.

Just to make sure suggest the following.

1. Ensure that you use the right product ID for Access Installation. In the installation xml of Access, You may consider using Product ID as Access2019Retail or anything respective to the other office product IDs installed in base 
  2. The provisioning of Access must be done on the base image containing other office applications.

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
tonyflan1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

many thanks

0 Kudos