VMware Horizon Community
tristankelkerma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No contextual menu for TortoiseSVN on Writable Volumes

Hello,

I installed latest version of Tortoise SVN on my Windows 7 x64 virtual machine that has a writable volumes attached. After the installation, I'm able to see the contextual menu, but when the VM is refreshed (at log off) it disappears...

Does anyone had the same issue or have an idea on how to resolve this ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

What is the template of writable volume are you using? Is it UIA or UIA+Profile?

If you are using UIA, could you try changing the template to UIA+Profile and check please.

0 Kudos
tristankelkerma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is UIA, but even with UIA+Profile it doesn't work.

BTW, I'm using UEM for profile management

0 Kudos
tristankelkerma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've done some troubleshooting and it looks like the snapvol.cfg of writable volumes doesn't have those lines :

virtualize_registry=\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

virtualize_to=\USER\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

virtualize_registry=\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

virtualize_to=\USER\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

virtualize_registry_notify_change=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NetFramework

virtualize_to=\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NetFramework

virtualize_registry_notify_change=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NetFramework

virtualize_to=\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NetFramework

reverse_replicate_registry_key=\MACHINE\Software\Classes

When I had it to my snapvol.cfg, TortoiseSVN is working after logoff.

Do you know if there is any side effects to put those lines into the snapvol.cfg on a writable volumes ?

Thank you

0 Kudos