VMware Horizon Community
mrjohndoe
Contributor
Contributor

New to App Volume - are their sites with "recipes" for common applications?

Hello,

we have upgraded our old VMWare View to  the new version and got also AppV and UEM. Now we have begun installing some applications like Office 2016 and Acrobat DC. It seems to work but we want to go deeper in the mechanics (esp. in combination with UEM for some default settings for some software like ODBC, user settinges etc.) and searching some good recipes where we can look how other using those systems.

So is their a page helping us or some labs where we can see some features? Unfortunatly some problems in the implementation preventing us from getting more out of the workshop for installing and using Horizon in the new version because we where running out if time ....

We are very experienced in software deployment using some kind of client management but here we have to learn a lot new stuff ...

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wimp777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM: This link goes to the documents tab of the UEM community where there are downloadable zips of common applications profiled for use in UEM. Aside from the defaults in UEM. Most items will be custom tailored by you for your specific environment.

VMware User Environment Manager

Appvolumes I am unaware of a location for "recipies". Its as easy as create the appstack, install what you want, and deploy.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

It was very hard to fulfill user application level persistence in one short but however we can fulfill it 100%

As you said you are using UEM, user application profiler to capture all settings of particular application based on user preferences, please let me know if you need any more information or help here, I am happy to help!

Use UEM community for any discussion related to UEM.

Regards,

Vkmr.   

0 Kudos