VMware Horizon Community
qwak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need to have two AppStack present to create a third AppStack

We have two applications that us an API to communicate between them.  I'd like to create an AppStack for the API.  The API requires folders and such from the other two applications be present, for a successful install. I'd like to have them all in different AppStacks but Is this a good idea or should i just go ahead with the AppStack i already have that has all three of them in it?  Oh, and how do i get the other two layers to be present, for me to create the API stack?  i haven't been able to do that yet.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

The recommendation is to keep all the dependencies together in the same AppStack. Do you see any issues with all 3 of them in the same stack?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

The recommendation is to keep all the dependencies together in the same AppStack. Do you see any issues with all 3 of them in the same stack?

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yeah... I don't believe App Vols allow for prerequisite app stacks when creating new app stacks.  I used to use Unidesk, now citrix something, and it did allow you to do that.

When creating an app and you selected a prerequisite app, it would mount that app and allow you to create a new app with the other app on the image.  When done, it just saved off the changes you made for the new app.   It was up 2 u to make sure you deployed them together though.

I'm guessing that the VMware App Volume customer based never ask for that.   but it would be cool to have. 

Other than that, going with the recommendation as stated above of making one app stack.. or multiple in having combinations of the applications in various app stacks would be the only option.

Larry

qwak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, i have a stack with all three applications, and another with just one and now have to update both layers when a new version of one of the apps comes out.  Not a big deal but wanted try and keep things a little simpler for our Desktop team to manage the applications.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos