R4nG4r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse input delay / Slow window content dragging with Appstacks attached

Vmware Horizon Agent : 8.2.0

Vmware Tools : 11.3.0.18090558

App Volumes Agent : 4.4.0.73 

Windows 10 21H1

This has been a very weird issue for me lately. But when i have no Appstacks attached the window content drag seems to work flawlessly.

I've tried this on all accepted resolutions from 1-3 monitors with same results.

Example : NO APPSTACKS ATTACHED Window content dragging

R4nG4r_0-1630673066406.gif

But when i attach 1 or more appstacks i experience alot of delay in dragging windows. Its very hard to drag the windows this way and my mouse pointer is way off. It's hard to describe without showing you a video of me actually doing it with the mouse. But i'm hoping you know what i mean. 

In other words the delay between mouse movement from endpoint to client is substantial compared to when no appstacks are attached.

Example: APPSTACKS ATTACHED Window content dragging.

R4nG4r_3-1630673261686.gif

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

Anyone experienced this issue?

EDIT: ISSUE RESOLVED. AppVolumes was not the culprit!

We configured Dynamic Environment Manager to Redirect AppData for convenience. We had this one very old setting that was managing "Wallpaper" settings. Turns out when we looked further it had a warning saying "DO NOT REDIRECT THIS WITH APPDATA REDIRECTION ENABLED". As soon as we turned this setting off we got a mere boost of 15-30% performance on our VDI desktops. 

Rule of thumb. If you're redirecting AppData like we are. Make sure none of the application settings you backup Include <APPDATA> settings. 

1 Reply
eucninja3
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing this same behavior, but we aren't redirecting APPDATA. You mean folder redirection right? This setting?

eucninja3_0-1655998155928.png

0 Kudos