VMware Horizon Community
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mapi32.dll Error when Launching O365 2013

We are working with App Volumes 2.11, UEM 9, and VMware View 7.01.

We have created an AppStack with O365 click-to-run.  When we launch Outlook, we get a mapi32.dll error.  We've been working hard to eliminate what is causing this issue.  I think we are down to the VMware Optimization Tool and we are looking at the settings that we choose.

BTW, we followed the directions provided in this group for building the O365 build under documentations (Recipe).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 7 SP1 App Volumes 2.12  View 7

So, we have resolved this issue with VMware's help.  We had to use a registry line to two places.  One line was added to the snapvol.cfg on the AppStack and the other to the snapvol.cfg writeable disk.  This was necessary for O365 2013.

The line that we used is

################################################################

# Office 365 Virtual Registry exclusions

exclude_registry=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun\REGISTRY.

I just added it to the bottom of the config file. C:\snapvolumestemp\MountPoints\GUID\snapvol.cfg for the AppStack. 

I have not changed the template for a writeable disk, but I changed my own to prove this out.  I added the same line.  To make the change, I had to go into Disk Management to assign a drive letter to the writeable disk.

We did decide to move to O365 2016 and it was not necessary for us to change the writeable disk template.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Could you give a try with App Volumes 2.12 please that has improved support for Office 365?

Installing and Using Microsoft Office Products with VMware App Volumes 2.x (2146035) | VMware KB

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 7 SP1 App Volumes 2.12  View 7

So, we have resolved this issue with VMware's help.  We had to use a registry line to two places.  One line was added to the snapvol.cfg on the AppStack and the other to the snapvol.cfg writeable disk.  This was necessary for O365 2013.

The line that we used is

# Office 365 Virtual Registry exclusions

exclude_registry=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun\REGISTRY.

I just added it to the bottom of the config file. C:\snapvolumestemp\MountPoints\GUID\snapvol.cfg for the AppStack. 

I have not changed the template for a writeable disk, but I changed my own to prove this out.  I added the same line.  To make the change, I had to go into Disk Management to assign a drive letter to the writeable disk.

We did decide to move to O365 2016 and it was not necessary for us to change the writeable disk template.

0 Kudos