dazzy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MS Visio 2010 Licensing Activation error

Hi,

We are using in our VDI environment:

Horizon View Agent v6.1

AppVolumes v2.9

Our VDIs are Windows 7 (64bit), with Office 2010 Std installed in to the master image.

We use a domain KMS server for al MS products.

We face random Activation issues with Office when MS Visio 2010 is assigned as an AppVol.

Checking the ospp status of Office products installed / attached, we see the correct activation for Office 2010 Std. Nothing listed for Visio however! Hence - the activation error / warning.... MS Visio is liscted in the Program Files(x86) folder and Add/Remove programs.

I must state - this activation error does not happen at every login / assignment. But when it does occur it seems to remain with the user.

So my question is - has anyone experienced the same issue with MS Visio - and or MS Project appvol'd and assigned to a VDI with MS Office already installed?

I have attached screenprints of the errors displayed when Visio has been launched and failed to load. The visible notification from MS Outlook of the Office activation error is a red warning bar in the title bar of Outlook.

One other question - which log file on the VDI instance will show me the Appvolumes attachment and any issues with the assignment?

Regards,

Darren

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Have you checked the log files what is causing the error? Please look into this KB to know the location of logs.

Location of VMware App Volumes log files (2091590) | VMware KB

hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does your provisioning VM have Office 2010 Std installed?

0 Kudos
dazzy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi hockeyguyin714,

Thank you for the reply.

I believe I have fixed this issue.

I did not use the 'provisioning' VM for these two MS Office applications as that VM does not have Office installed when these app stacks were first captured.

What I have done to fix the issue is to edit the MS Visio and MS Project app stacks seperately, and use the gold master image (that does have MS Office installed in to it) as the 'provisioning' VM, Once the app stack was attached to the gold master, checked it is working correctly and contacting KMS.

Before completing the provisioning process I rearm Office.

I will now mark this discussion as 'answered'.

Regards,

Darren.

0 Kudos