VMware Horizon Community
SuperMW
Contributor
Contributor

MS Access 2013 and ActiveX Addin ProgressBar Version 6

Hello

We have packaged MS Office Pro Plus 2013 in App Volumes 2.10.  We have two issues, slowness and configuration boxes appearing.

1. When the user adds an ActiveX control within MS Access they click ‘Create’ ‘Form Design’ then select ‘ActiveX Controls’ by clicking the drop down menu in ‘Form Design Tools’.  This action in itself takes roughly 1.5 minutes.  I think at this point maybe the root classes in the registry are being accessed because if I open ‘regedit’ and click on ‘HKEY_Classes_Root’ it takes a long time before it opens.

2. When the user tries to add an ActiveX Control to the form a Windows Installer box appears saying Preparing to Install, click cancel and an MS Office Pro Plus box appears saying ‘Please wait while Windows Configures MS Office Pro Plus 2013 – gathering required information’ the user has to click cancel again.  The ActiveX component is then added to the form.  This happens every time the user views a database that holds this particular ActiveX control, all other controls work okay.

I mirrored this scenario on a Windows 7 VM and it works fine, as soon as I package it with App Volumes and attach it to a user we get all the issues.

Our Golden image is a Windows7 64bit VM and our App Vol VM is a clone of this, our desktop VMs are non-persistent.  We have no other MS Office applications on our base image.

We have this set in the registry HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Access\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

The error also doesn’t happen in MS Office 2010 App Stack. Office 2010 and 2013 have been installed the same way.

The configuring issue is driving me mad as it randomly happens in other applications.

Any advice will be very much appreciated; thanks Anita R.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Could not find an answer to your issue at this time. If you would like, please open a Service Request with us to work through this issue (VMware - How to File a Support Request Online)

Matt

0 Kudos