VMware Horizon Community
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Libre Office - Office 2016 on Win10 1909 not default app

Hi community,

Win10 1909 (VMware Horizon 7.12 instant clone)

AppVolumes 4.0

Office 2016 installed on image.

We have an issue with some AppStacks that changing the default application of microsoft office. In this case it's an Libre Office AppStack.

In the capture process we don't set Libre Office as standard but when we attach the appstack its not the dafault app anymore.

Any ideas, how to keep Word/Office as default when attaching an appstack like Libre Office?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you looking to make sure *.doc and *.xls is defaulted to Word/Excel etc, if so you want to do this in DEM.

Try this Configure File Type Associations

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i am looking for *.doc and *.xls stay default.

Thanks thats for sure useful.

We are not using DEM, we are using AppSense (Ivanti).

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Been awhile since I done this with no DEM but file type associations are stored in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes and HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes

The priority is for current user, then local machine (aliased I believe to classes root).

Explorer uses a different set of registry keys that can be found at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\

May need to edit the snapvol.cfg on the capture VM and exclude this registry entry for the above in HKLM and re-capture the Libre Office. I was thinking at first create a GPO and inject the registry but as its an appstack it may overwrite these.

I've not used AppSense but if you can capture those areas of registry that may help.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good Idea, will try to exclude that in the capture VM, this makes sense. Hope that works Smiley Wink Will give a feedback then!

0 Kudos