VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Learning UEM / good Resources.

We are going to be running UEM / Instant Clones / Win 10 LTSB 2016 / Writables.

Just curious as to the best resources everyone has found.

UEM seems a tad complicated.. at least for me.

thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The communities forum is a huge resource like the previous people have suggested and I highly recommend it as well.

UEM has about 36 videos in this playlist on VMware's youtube channel that are good to get you started:

VMware User Environment Manager 9.2 Overview - YouTube

UEM in 60 minutes is very dated but good reference point for getting started:

VMware User Environment Manager Deployed in 60 Minutes or Less | VMware End-User Computing Blog

When your looking for more detail the documentation pages are great:

VMware User Environment Manager Documentation

The documentation section in the UEM communities forum here is also a great place to get started as there are many recipes people have been working on that you can get good information. Just click documents and you can browse 100s of recipes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Start with this site Horizon | VMware . You should really go through the documentation specifically but there are some really good walk throughs fro UEM/ Appvolumes and horizon

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

And every time you face an issue or don't know what to do just ask here and people will be able to help.

I'd suggest setting up a test enviornment and just fiddle around with it a bit. UEM isn't that hard to master, the idea behind it is pretty straight forward. The most complicated pasrt is trying to find out where application store their information.

hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The communities forum is a huge resource like the previous people have suggested and I highly recommend it as well.

UEM has about 36 videos in this playlist on VMware's youtube channel that are good to get you started:

VMware User Environment Manager 9.2 Overview - YouTube

UEM in 60 minutes is very dated but good reference point for getting started:

VMware User Environment Manager Deployed in 60 Minutes or Less | VMware End-User Computing Blog

When your looking for more detail the documentation pages are great:

VMware User Environment Manager Documentation

The documentation section in the UEM communities forum here is also a great place to get started as there are many recipes people have been working on that you can get good information. Just click documents and you can browse 100s of recipes.

hockeyguyin714
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Here is the direct link to UEM communities:

VMware User Environment Manager

Click on documents and you should be in good shape.

Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Everyone. Appreciate all the help !

0 Kudos