VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issues jumping between Pools ?? Anyone else ? Writables .

Hi ,

As we have been setting up our environment.. it is starting to feel like Writables don't really like us jumping from Pool to Pool .

Anybody else think that ?

We have a 'Normal Floater Win 10 pool'  a "Test Pool" and a vGPU pool.

We have ONE base image that was originally created.. then we Cloned it for the other two pools ( test.. and vGPU ) .

We have it set so if the Wrtiable is showing mounted on a users computer.. it will Not allow them to log into a different one .

This is more of a 'hunch'.. i don't have any direct evidence to support this.

It's just feeling like we have to Delete Wrritables and User App Profiles way too often than what i would gather is 'normal '.

thanks ,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As long as the GI is the same i don't think it will matter. We do use writables to "jump" from pool to pool so it should work.

But you are saying that one of the pools has a vGPU, this means that the GI for both pools are not the same, even though you cloned it. It could be that this might be an issue?

But still, we have a few users (mostly IT colleagues) that didn't want their writable to be removed and they have taken it from an old to a new image. It is still working as far as I'm aware..

Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Ray .

Correct.. the GI's are not exact replica's.. I basically created the core GI.. the cloned it as a starting point for the other pools... ie Added the vGPU driver and the individual p4 card.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Than that might be your issue there.

We found out that working with 1 GI and writables does spare a lot of trouble.

The writable has it's own quirks to say the least Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos