VMware Horizon Community
baases
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to disable the SVOffice Logon failed message in app volumes 4

Office is installed on the Parent, and my appstack is adding an office component as part of it's install.  This is causing this message to pop up when users logon, however, office apps and application is working fine.  Is there a way to disable this message from popping up?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
da2125
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\svservice\Parameters\Hidepopups

REG_DWORD
If set to 1, svservice.exe will not generate popups.
If undefined, default is 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
da2125
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\svservice\Parameters\Hidepopups

REG_DWORD
If set to 1, svservice.exe will not generate popups.
If undefined, default is 0

0 Kudos
baases
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

will check, and let you know in the morning.  Thank you for the quick post.

0 Kudos
rwulffenstein
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello @da2125 ,

Adding this registry key would prevent ALL popups from occurring, correct? 

Not just for this specific issue...?  I have the same problem for only two users and that is because Access is installed on the image and these two users were given an AppStack with Access installed.  I believe this has caused some corruption in their writable volume because when the AppStack is removed the SVOffice Login error no longer occurs (which is the solution based on this VMware KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/84116).  Unfortunately, they receive THIS error (see attached screen shot as well):

Microsoft Office Standard 2016

Error 2711: An internal error has occurred. 
(ACCESSFiles                 )

And they are not able to use Access. 

Once we add the AppStack back to them, the SVOffice reappears but they CAN use Access.

I am looking for a way to NOT HAVE to apply the AppStack to them but also stop the Internal error message from occurring. Is there a way to clean-up a writable without deleting it?

0 Kudos