VMware Horizon Community
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Integration with FSlogix and Windows search index problems

We recently integrated FSlogix into our environment to handle Outlook cache, Teams, and other Office related settings. One of the components is the ability to capture the search index including Outlook items. I have found that it works until I attach any app stacks from App Volumes. Once an app stack is attached, the search index will be rebuilt at every log on.

Horizon 7.11

Linked clones

Windows 10 1803

App Volumes 2.18

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I did not work with FSLogix yet, I did work with the writable though.

If you look at the way Appvolumes works and which part takes precedence it is GI --> Appstack --> Writable.

So if there is a file in the writable this always takes precedence.

It could be that Appvolumes looks at FSLogix as something that is part of the GI because it is implemented before Appvolumes attaches it's appstack I may assume.

If the location the search index is stored is not excluded from the appstack the windows machine will think that the search index that is part of the appstack is the actual search index which in your case should be the one in FSLogix.

My guess is that this is your issue.

0 Kudos
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the response. I had a similar thought. The path to the search index (single user) is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search. I thought that App Volumes ignored that path during capture, but maybe I am wrong. I'm unsure how to exclude that if it is being captured.

0 Kudos
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I looked and I did find this entry in the snapvol.cfg:

exclude_path=\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Search index is not being redirected somewhere else??

Otherwise just raise a call with tehm, if this is in the exclude it should work.

0 Kudos