VMware Horizon Community
iamhmongry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installed a new application but it does not appear in App Volumes

Recently, I installed an application from Pearson that is required to administer exams called Compass. 

Basically what the application does is open up a locked down browser that take you to Pearson's Certiport site to have a proctor log in and administer exams.

When I created the package in App Volumes, I installed the test application properly, made sure it was installed in the C drive and wasn't specific to any user, files were created in C drive, and the new application desktop icon appeared in Public Desktop. 

When I went to complete the installation and return to the App Volumes client, my package displayed no new applications added and appeared with a 'CANCELLED' status.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's because there's some sort of property with this application install that purposely isn't appearing or is incompatible with App Volumes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iamhmongry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So I figured out what the problem was.

Prior to this, I had updated App Volumes from 2103 to 2111.

When I did that, I forgot to run the 2111 setup on my 2103 provision machine and update my snapshot.

After that, I updated my template as well and retried the installation.

Installation worked fine and I was able to successfully add the application to my App Volumes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micheal_A
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You did not login after the reboot of the packaging VM to complete the AVM provisioning.

Read the AVM prompts closely, it is easy to miss. 😁

VMware EUC by Broadcom
https://techzone.vmware.com/
iamhmongry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's what I was afraid of too, but when I hit the OK button to restart and logged back into my provisioning VM, my App Volume package appeared as 'Cancelled'. 

0 Kudos
iamhmongry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So I figured out what the problem was.

Prior to this, I had updated App Volumes from 2103 to 2111.

When I did that, I forgot to run the 2111 setup on my 2103 provision machine and update my snapshot.

After that, I updated my template as well and retried the installation.

Installation worked fine and I was able to successfully add the application to my App Volumes.