VMware Horizon Community
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have issue with MS Excel

Hi,

I am running my MS office from parent image, when ever user launch Excel, user is seeing below .net framework error message, if I click continue there is no issues but this pop-up message was painful 

excel-.net-issue.PNG

did anyone got experienced with this issue?

I am using Win10 1607, office 2013 pro

Thank you,

Pere.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ok,

do this, go to your parent image and check for history of windows security updates and find if you are seeing any failures.

this is for sure with patches, however coming Tuesday is patch Tuesday, please keep updating us

Thank you,

Vkmr.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Pere,

looks like you are missing something here.

one quick question, do you have your windows patches installed for November?

if you did not install, can you please install security updates for office as a part of my troubleshooting step?

Regards,

Vkmr. 

Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi VKMR,

I did patches already 2 week's back for both windows and office as we are running office from parent image but still we are having this issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you on the latest version of App Volumes? Also, try disabling the Add-in's in excel to see if the error goes away.

0 Kudos
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry for delay reply,

I was not on latest version of App volumes, i am on 2.11

In my case, my office is running from gold image, i disabled all my plug-in's but still I am having the same issues

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ok,

do this, go to your parent image and check for history of windows security updates and find if you are seeing any failures.

this is for sure with patches, however coming Tuesday is patch Tuesday, please keep updating us

Thank you,

Vkmr.

0 Kudos
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, that was correct after doing Dec. windows security patches for office and OS, this issue was gone!

thanks for all your recommendations  

0 Kudos