VMware Horizon Community
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I get AV working on Physicals?

I think I already know the answer, build another server. But if someone knows a workaround that I dont need to do that, that would be great. I'm currently running the latest App Volume Manager, 4.7, unless they recently updated again. I have it configured for VCenter, and I think I need another server configured for VHD In-Guest services. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

look up the window unified write filter

0 Kudos
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply. I truly appreciate it. I dont know if I wasnt clear enough, but UWF looks more for the virtual environment? This is for Apps getting deployed to physical workstations, not virtual WS. It works great in the VDI environment, but it cant establish a full connection in the physical environment. One of the issues I see associated with my workstation in the logs is this error message. "RvSphere: Found 0 virtual machine(s) matching IP..." Am I missing something? 

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

So appvolumes requires non persistence, what the unified write filter does is prevents updates after the write filter is enabled. Its not for virtual desktops, non persistent ones don't need it. If your having trouble connecting, your more likely having network/firewall issues. You should have a dedicate appvolumes manager for this, I have a set of desktops doing this sucessfully. Your can do it without the uwf but issues start arising more the desktops change vs what they were provisioned against.

Tags (1)