VMware Horizon Community
HallJ0816
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help Please! App attachment issue with AppVol 2.18

Im encountering "vsphere operation failed device 'scsi1' could not be hot-added" when appvolumes attempts to attach 12 or more appstacks. If I attach anything less then 12 everything works fine. Has anyone encounter that error before or have any suggestions on what I can try to possible resolve my issue Environment: Appvol version - 2.18.0 VM Tools - 11.0.6 Citrix Xendesktop 1912

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

12 is a little unusual but there is a limit to the amount of hard disks that can be added to each scsi controller in vmware and that changes per version of vCenter.  You might want to look at that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

12 is a little unusual but there is a limit to the amount of hard disks that can be added to each scsi controller in vmware and that changes per version of vCenter.  You might want to look at that.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

What jmatz135​ says.

I would not suggest adding more than 10 appstacks to a machine in version 2.x. It will slow down the machine to much.

We have had this issue with 4.0 as well but you can add more applications there, is it designed to have more than 15 appstacks.

I believe the maximum is 15 disks in vCenter, when you add disk number 16 it will fail and wont attach any disks at all.

There is a simple solution though that we found (and was approved by VMware support for version 4.0) and that is to add another SCSI controller so you can add more than those 15 disks on total to a VDI machine.

0 Kudos
HallJ0816
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Guys. Your both were right it was the disk limitation on the controller which caused my issue.

0 Kudos