VMware Horizon Community
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Filezilla FTP client is not connecting from appstacks

Filezilla ftp client is not connecting to remote server and getting error as below . but working when naively installs.

Windows native ftp client is working fine to same server "ftpsite.vmware.com"

ttp.png

filezilla.png

Also noted filezilla was not allowed in firewall and I have allowed the filezilla  in windows firewall , after that also it is not working and I have restarted the VDI machine , inters tingly I cannot see the firewall entry which I made for filezilla after a reboot.

Capture.JPG

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

HI Gaurav,

This issue has been resolved and this issue is with appvolume ,  We have to give an reverse entry in the snapvol.cfg  in writable and app stack template as below .

# Reverse Replicate File Entries

# WorkAround  for Some Apps Failing when executed from AppStack. This change provides configurablity to

# specify path in snapvol.cfg to replicate EXE matching the specified path to System Volume.

# Specify the path using :

# snap_replicate_file=Program Files

# Behaviour : Now All the EXE files on the Appstack with path suffix matching Program Files

# (ie \device\HardDiskVolume2\Program Files\xxxxx) Will Be replicated to c:\Program Files\xxxxx

#

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What Anti Virus do you have running?

Are you using any DLP security software?

Please post the output of "fltmc filters" from a cmd prompt?

joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This seems to be the most common issue I am running in to with AppStacks. Local installations find network servers ok but the AppStacks fail to find them. I am using 2.9, any chance that people have had better luck with 2.10?

0 Kudos
MSMorgan12345
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am running 2.10 and filezilla is working for me.

0 Kudos
gpeck29adv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are currently updating our implemenation of AppVolumes and have successfully virtualized FileZilla in our department appstack for IT. Upon installation I mounted the stack and tested filezilla to the ftpsite.vmware.com address and was able to connect with no issues. We are currently still on AppVolumes 2.9 with plans to move to 2.10 in January.  Nothing special was done for FileZilla to work. I did install all apps with "Run as administrator".

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi All ,

I think then it is related with my provisioning machine , I will re-create filezilla appstack and will update you .

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hari Any update?

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have checked this and same behavior .

I have installed filezilla and vsphere client on writable s volume and here itself I am experiencing this issue .

Jason , Could you Please try yourself and let us know . I strongly believe it as a issue , I have checked in 2.10 and 2.9

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vSphere client installed on writable error

1.JPG

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Hari,

There could be possibly a Network Configuration problem or .Net framework problem  in your Environment. Can you please let me know if this helps

1)You can try "netstat winsock reset"  Check if It works

2)Check Proxy in internet Explorer and Set it to correct Value. Also check for Group policy  gpedit.msc -> user configuration -> windows settings -> internet explorer maintenance -> connection -> proxy settings check if it works.

3)If the above 2 does not help can you use this article VMware KB: Launching applications requires elevated permissions after uninstalling or upgrading VMwa... and let me know if this helps. (I understand the Subject line is misleading )

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

HI Gaurav,

This issue has been resolved and this issue is with appvolume ,  We have to give an reverse entry in the snapvol.cfg  in writable and app stack template as below .

# Reverse Replicate File Entries

# WorkAround  for Some Apps Failing when executed from AppStack. This change provides configurablity to

# specify path in snapvol.cfg to replicate EXE matching the specified path to System Volume.

# Specify the path using :

# snap_replicate_file=Program Files

# Behaviour : Now All the EXE files on the Appstack with path suffix matching Program Files

# (ie \device\HardDiskVolume2\Program Files\xxxxx) Will Be replicated to c:\Program Files\xxxxx

#

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Citrix\AuthManager\AuthManSvr.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files (x86)\

reverse_replicate_file=Program Files\