VMware Horizon Community
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Failed to save computer <***> during AD synchronize

The System Messages log of our App Volumes Manager (2.13.2) is filled (1000+) with messages like these:

Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this? We can't figure it out ...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am also seeing the following in Activity log:

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What version of the manager are you using?? I believe that this was an old issue in which machines were duplicated within the database.

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ray_handels

According to the App Volumes Dashboard i am using: version 2.13.2.13

If i am correct this is the latest available version.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

True it is. I would suggest raising a ticket with VMWare...

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ray_handels

Thanks for the info!

Do you happen to know if this issue negatively influences operation of App Volumes and in what way our users (or we as admins) might be affected by this issue?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Quick question. Have you upgraded App Volumes from any previous version to the current one or installed newly?

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Lakshman

We upgraded from previous version. I think we were running 2.12.1 before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

For what it's worth, i have opened a support ticket: 18720934002

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm not 100% sure if it does pose an issue. The only thing that could happen (but for as far as I known doesn't happen) is that Appvolumes tries to attach an appstack to a machine that is obsolete or at least the database record is obsolete. But my guess is that you either have 2 machines with the same name 1 having this error message or these machines have been moved or deleted altogether.

mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Was there any resolution to this issue?

I'm seeing the same problems along with "Server Error" from Directory -> Online Entities with the System Message saying "Unhandled request exception: undefined method `year' for ####.####:Float"

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No no real solution provided or found. Ended up reinstalling App Volumes as i had a feeling it had something to do with a failed upgrade. After re installation problem was gone.

0 Kudos