VMware Horizon Community
rwpg1980
Contributor
Contributor

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Activation

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of activating Dragon using AppVolumes?

I've created the appstack without issue but I'm concerned over the activation process because Dragon activation uses a machine fingerprint (Nuance- Support: Product Activation), I wondered if anyone had experience of activating the product on VMware successfully without running out of activations.

I am also thinking of using writable volumes for this as each of my users has a separate licence key; again has anyone had success with this?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For that license model you are forced to use a Writable volume as you will exceed the activations. Have had a few customers do it this way in the past.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To be honest I don't think this will work either because you need to have a Non assigned floating pool for Appvolumes and Writable volumes and the license footprint looks at the name of the machine.

The moment you log off and on again it will be unlicensed, even if you have the license in the writable volume. We had the exact same issue with NVivio and eventually came to an agreement to active during startup and unactivate during logoff. No idea if this is an option with Dragon.

0 Kudos