VMware Horizon Community
ryand32
Contributor
Contributor

Delivering Graphic applications packaged in AppVolumes to deliver to GPU-Accelerated Desktop question

If I am using #AppVolumes to virtualize an app, let's use AutoCaD as an example.

Can I virtualize the Graphics on the Horizon GPU-Accelerated Desktop that is brokering the application from the AppVolumes package?

If I am delivering the application from the Platform Layer, would that also need to be configured to use GPU-Acceleration?

If I am to deliver the application using GPU-Accelerated desktop, would that count as 2 licenses as One would be using the GPU-Accelerated desktop, and another would be using the AppVolumes Layered machine?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe this question has been asked before. No it does not have to be enabled.

We also have a packaging machine that does not have vGPU acceleration. We package all applications on this machine (including AutoCad and Revit) and can easily use it on a vGPU enabled pool. This works like a charm for us.

AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It doesnt matter whether the capture machine has a GPU enabled or not, if the base image and VM pool your using as it enabled, it will see it and be able to use it if the card is supported.

I have tried both ways with our GRID cards and it makes no difference, they both work.

0 Kudos
matthiasFF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here.

0 Kudos