VMware Horizon Community
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Concurrent User and Computer Assignments - 2.13

I see that concurrent assignments are supported in 2.13, but I was wondering if someone could offer some clarification. Does this mean that I can have a desktop that has App Stacks assigned to them (ie: Office) and then have a user login with user-assigned app stacks also get them applied? I have tested this, and so far it's not working. It only assigns computer app stacks and ignores the user stacks when I login in. We are using 2.13 agent and server, but the app stacks were provisioned using 2.12.

Or - does this mean an app stack can be assigned to users and computers, but it's still either all or nothing?

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

We tested this and it works. You can assign 1 appstack to the machine and another to a user. During startup the machine assigned is attached. During logon the user version is attached. Appstacks are all 2.12 template, agent MUST be 2.13 though.

And it does not work if you have a writable attached, either machine or user cos Computer says no Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anOrux09KJU

At 1 min it would suggest you can, but not having access to 2.13 yet I couldn't tell you how.

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah...It looks like you can, but it's definitely not working for me. I wonder if the apps need to be provisioned using 2.13. I'll run some tests...

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

We tested this and it works. You can assign 1 appstack to the machine and another to a user. During startup the machine assigned is attached. During logon the user version is attached. Appstacks are all 2.12 template, agent MUST be 2.13 though.

And it does not work if you have a writable attached, either machine or user cos Computer says no Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ah! That was it..I had a writable volume that was assigned, but disabled. It's working now...thanks!