VMware Horizon Community
hermanc01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Capture specific folders with profile-only writable volume

I'm in the process of migrating to App Volumes 4 and the changes to the custom configurations is nice, but confusing.

While using the profile-only writable volume, I'm trying to create a custom policy so that I can include folders outside of the user profile (i.e. C:\Temp). 

I'm testing this with version 2203 and according to the docs I should create a custom snapvol.cfg in C:\SnapVolumesTemp\MountPoints\{Writable Volume Guid}\{Writable Guid}\Config\writable which I've done but it's not working. 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/2203/app-volumes-admin-guide/GUID-BD9D1BF7-293A-491E-A...

I'm confused on whether or not that custom snapvol.cfg file needs only my changes or if it's just a copy of the default one plus my changes.

Here's a screenshot of what I have now but isn't working.

snapvol.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hermanc01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to figure this out on my own.  

On the parent template I had to create the C:\Temp directory.

Then for the custom snapvol.cfg file (in the location I specified in the original post) I created a new/empty file and appended the following two lines into it.  This then allowed me to capture files created in C:\Temp into the profile-only writable volume.

virtualize=\Temp
include_path=\Temp

I must say I do like App Volumes 4 new method of handling custom configurations.  Kudos VMware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hermanc01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to figure this out on my own.  

On the parent template I had to create the C:\Temp directory.

Then for the custom snapvol.cfg file (in the location I specified in the original post) I created a new/empty file and appended the following two lines into it.  This then allowed me to capture files created in C:\Temp into the profile-only writable volume.

virtualize=\Temp
include_path=\Temp

I must say I do like App Volumes 4 new method of handling custom configurations.  Kudos VMware.

0 Kudos