VMware Horizon Community
frcouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot delete AppStack in AV 2.9

Hello,

I want to delete an appstack in AV 2.9 but I'm unable to do it.  I checked the appstack, hit delete and had an error message saying the the vmdk could not be delete.  I tried to delete the vmdk by myself in the datastore but got the same result.  Now the appstack is in a "disable" state and there is only a delete button.

Is it possible that some kind of lock remain on the vmdk?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The only lock i can think of is that the Appstack is still being used by a VDI and thus can't be removed.

I also did notice that it could take quite some time before the database and the manager decided that the appstack was indeed deleted.

If you don't have to many machines you could do a recompose of all machines, this will detach all attached disks.

Also, what do you see in the Appvolumes manager logging when trying to remove the disk? Normally you would also get an error message in VCenter when you try to remove the disk. Do you see this error and if so, what does it state?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Could you check whether the AppStack metadata file (*.vmdk.metadata) is present or not by browsing the datastore manually?

0 Kudos
frcouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The only error message I see in AV Manager and vCenter is "Cannot delete file [Datastore/appVolumes]apps/Application.vmdk"

0 Kudos
frcouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The *.vmdk.metadata is not present.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is the problem. And actually there will be other issues because of this. I find it hard to believe though unless it was deleted manually. If you create a new appstack (can be completely empty just need to create a new VMDK) does the metadata get created?

0 Kudos
frcouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, the metadata get created if a create a new appstack.

0 Kudos
agalliasis
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this figured out?  I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos